Subscribe Us

test

How to Design Your Life (My Process for achieving Goals)

How to Design Your Life 

(My Process for Achieving Goals)

So many of us wake up when we're 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 and realized we don't even know why we got here or how we're here and we know for sure that this is not where I wanted to be where we wanted to be years and years ago. I want to share my personal process I use for not only scripting the direction of my life but how I reinvented my own life and consciously created it from 26 until 30. I think that designing life and making go forward in the direction you wanted to go has three parts and the very first part is the design the second part is the habits you use are you doing a daily basis and the third is the follow three weather follow-up in other words.

How do you actually stay on track when you get off track because half of the game of goal achievement is purely when you get punched in the face what are you going to do differently to get back up and get back in the fight.

Vision

Now for me the first thing is vision it's basically the design you know if you just sit down for a day you pour a coffee you get on a piece of paper and you write down what would be the coolest thing that could happen over the next five years in my life. If you just do that you are already ahead of 99% of humanity who show up with no game, plan no vision for the future no clue what they would like to create besides you know I would like more money or I'd like that girl or that guy or I'd like a nicer car there's almost no consciousness or conscious energy giving me thinking about what do I want to build in the future like what consciously and concretely do. I want to improve so for me the way that I do that is first of all I have a journal where I'm regularly writing down updates for the kind of life that I want to build you know it starts with the vision which makes me think of the fact that the skyscrapers of New York started with a picture in somebody's head and so did spaceships and so it in curing a difficult disease and so when I think of it like that I always make sure I'm consciously creating even it is just in my thoughts even if it's just up there, both in print journals and in a document that I call five years from today.

The three things that I use for my yearly envisioning are one the yearly envisioning process I've talked about here which is basically at the start of each year I write down what is the coolest thing that could happen this year like perfect year no limitations no just be realistic but like what would be the coolest thing that could happen I put it on one piece of paper that's always on my desk and single day and I review it twice per day now from there that yearly document also has my daily habits the unique projects. I'm working on in each quarter of the year as well as the things I know that I need to work on to get better basically to improve myself.

Pocket Journal

The second thing is the pocket journal. I carry around this for me is always to record things that may change about my thinking ideas I get when I read or listen to podcasts as well as little intuitive hunches that come up. So if I'm talking to a friend or I'm reading a book and I'm like wow that would be an awesome idea for example that's where all my books came from wouldn't it be cool to dot-dot-dot. I put it down in this little book. It's just a little three by five moleskin that I always carry around with me and then day by day. I can flip through that and be like you know what these were those cool things I wanted to basically manifest and create in my own life let me just keep a note of them the second way I do that is by doing a weekly journal page. The weekly journal page is just a strategy page, it's basically where are you, where do you want to be and are those habits you're doing every day sufficient enough to actually get you there. So the whole point of this journal page is reflection you're doing this are you still on track if not what has to change and then finally I have this little journal notebook a digital notebook in Ever note and it just says five years from today. I don't really stick with that idea of five years from today but the point for me is where I want to go in what direction it could be as simple as moving, it could be as simple as the relationship you want to be in. For example I know that I want to be married by 35 so I can have that there I know that I want to have a private practice and a traditionally published book and three for vacations per year I put all of that down where I don't know how I'm going to make it happen yet but it will happen for sure I haven't quite fleshed out the process the point is that you're putting trajectories in your brain and in your subconscious and when you check that every once in a while they're kind of like oh yeah I knew I wanted to do that but all right let's start thinking about how I can actually do it and almost all of those things come true for me especially if you regularly review that now the second piece here is your habits so the daily action steps that you're going to actually do to make that a reality. But the point is that you think about the goals you want to reach and then you have to break them down forget the goal but break it down into a daily habit so with Fitness you forget losing 30 pounds the habit is cook every day, go to the gym, 20 minutes a day.  You want to write a book you forget having written a book, you put down the habit right 500 words a day, you want to be in an amazing relationship in two years you forget that goal you put the habit. I'm going to go out to four events where I might meet like-minded people and that's your daily habit. So you bring it back to what do I have to do today. The way I track that is a combination of ways so not only in that yearly visioning document do I put that I also record it in Ever note. I've had a personal mastermind for over four years now every single week and it's basically started when I started my business because that was so difficult for me but it progressed to like are you happy, are you building the life the way you want, is your ladder up against the right wall as the saying goes because you might climb the ladder of success and realize you climbed the wrong ladder and you're not where you want to be. It's also about conscious goal setting and being crystal clear on the path forward making sure you're going down the right path you want to be down so I actually have a maximum of three goals per year and then three habits per goal for example the goals are often much more complex than you think like let's say you've only been sleeping five hours a night while your daily ritual that may have to be I'm going to disconnect from the computer at 11:00. I'm not going to have coffee after 5:00 and I'm not going to stress myself out with homework or with work after a certain time. It may take a few habits just like doing well in school or high performing at my work may also be more than one-handed it may mean I'm going to study.

The third part for me about consciously designing your life and going forward is really just two things it's the follow-through to make sure you actually do these things and then number two it’s following little intuitions about when you have to pivot.

Well one of the things that goes along with being in Sage Mode like I talked about here is being calm and being Sage, now the bio-mat is a pad you can put on your bed or on the floor which uses technology that was actually discovered by NASA to help you reduce stress and fatigue. Now it produces negative ions which are considered nature's energizer and these negative ions you can find in abundance in places like forests and mountains, waterfalls and oceans now the bio-mat in particular is comprised of three parts that helps you have that stress relief and that fatigue relief now the bio-mat can also help with pain relief and circulation it is FDA cleared and one of the cool things is that it profoundly affects both the nervous system while also promoting deep relaxation so it kind of has this dual energizing and relaxing effect also the people at the bio-mat store recommend and encourage you to call for personalized customer service and advice it's kind of unique among companies now that basically don't want to deal with you so that is worth investigating as well and like some customers have said it's really restorative so a direct quote from one person was that it's the world's greatest power nap.

Thank you

 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.